2021 is an exciting year for Novartis as we accelerate our growth in the digital space.
As an Associate Director of NGE Digital Data Operations, you will be responsible to lead the data operations team and the team responsible for the critical data elements in the customer experience orchestration assets to measure and monitor the customer journey. This leader will set the vision and strategy to define, build and manage data operations within and across Enterprise Customer experience platforms. The ideal candidate will develop the long-term strategy to manage data, ticketing/ issue triaging tools/platforms, and data auditing consistent across Enterprise and our privacy and security policies. She/he will collaborate closely with Digital Product Leaders, key business stakeholders, enterprise analytics, and many other cross-functional partners across the Enterprise. He/ she will lead a high per-forming team, to trouble shoot operational data issues for critical business data requirements, solving complex business challenges. Candidate must function as a highly effective leader in a matrixed environment given the role and scope of responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement the long term data operation standards and protocols for Enterprise, to correspond to the broader Organizational data strategy of tracking customers across disparate systems and experiences
• This includes the data operations run books, framework, tools, escalation matrix and support solutions; consistent across data assets
• Build and lead a data operations team that ensures friction-less operations for all data stakeholder leveraging the data platform to facilitate developing reports and dashboards, audit scores and measures and customer success measures, value of CSAT improvement, increase data usage, assign data values et cetera
• Develop and manage data operations infrastructure to enable efficient distribution of data and easy access across the Enterprise and business units including brand, marketing and Enterprise Analytics teams
• Must be comfortable with technologies used in a data ecosystem such as systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture, Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, Web technologies, data management across relational, columnar and NoSQL technologies, Snowflake, Matillion, DataIKU, Big data technologies like architecting solutions across on premise and cloud, Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in AWS et cetera.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Undergraduate degree in business, science, engineering or related discipline required, Masters preferred or equivalent experience with a background in operations
• Minimum 15 years of experience working with digital data preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
• Expertise in data operational practices leveraging automation platforms, industrialization of data access and operations with strengths in creation of framework, audits and scoring techniques
• Expertise in AWS, Cloud services including data infrastructure such as data warehousing, ELT/ ETL processes, API/ Rest framework, etc. Strong knowledge of data testing platforms, support systems, and Dev ops would be good
• Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative mind with change management and project management experience
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Net-work here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
East Hanover, NJ
Company / Legal Entity