Associate Director, Business Relationship Management
- Cambridge, MA
6,000 scientists and physicians around the world use our data to reimagine medicine and create therapies that save lives. You can multiply the value and impact of these data for Novartis scientists.
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical (NIBR) is the global pharmaceutical research organization of Novartis. We have an open and entrepreneurial culture, encouraging collaboration to make effective therapies.
At NIBR, our mission is to discover innovative medicines that treat disease and human health. To do that, our scientists need cutting-edge, state-of-the-art computing systems. With NIBR Informatics (NX), NIBR is making a strategic investment into informatics and is positioning itself to deliver the systems and services that are meaningful to the future of drug discovery.
The Information Products and Data Sciences (IPDS) group in NX is accelerating breakthrough therapies by making data actionable. Our organization is here to improve impact and value to NIBR through strategic partnerships, software, and data. We fuel NIBR scientists' creativity and efficiency by delivering powerful, functional, beautiful, and fully integrated software products that build a streamlined user experience.
In this role as the Associate Director, Business Relationship Management you will collaborate closely with NIBR global research functions to understand and influence their scientific goals, strategy, and tactics. This role entails collaborating with the most senior scientific leaders in NIBR to ensure alignment of NX strategy with NIBR's scientific direction. You will bring insights into the NX leadership and teams, and collaborate closely with the NX product and services groups to align NX with NIBR scientific needs and improve the impact on research outcomes.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build close relationships with senior scientific leadership in NIBR functions
• Serve as a key point of contact and trusted advisor
• Anticipate high level NX products and services needed to support NIBR science
• Identify high level opportunities for NX teams
• Advise stakeholder leadership teams about NX strategy, changes, and updates
• Serve as a senior escalation point for your NIBR functions
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• A PhD in biology, chemistry or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in therapeutics discovery
• Minimum of 3 years of informatics or IT experience a minimum 1 years of consulting, account management or other relevant customer facing experience
• Broad understanding of therapeutics discovery and informatics in a biomedical research environment. Experience in at least one supporting scientific disciplines
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; adept at working with colleagues from diverse disciplines and at all levels of the company.
• Shown strength as a great teammate with the ability to influence without authority. Self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
• Ability to travel 25%
Position will Commensurate according to experience
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data, empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Back to top