Associate Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Carlsbad, CA
JOB PURPOSE & IMPACT
1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease free world - our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate Biopharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Assist in activities related to validation of new laboratory tests, new instrumentation, and new laboratory software
• Perform all clinical specimen testing (pre-analytical/analytical procedures) as assigned under supervision
• Use LIMS to perform sample management, testing worklists, enter test results and QC data
• Adheres to established turn-around-times while maintaining highest quality of test results
• May author technical documents including, but not limited to, assay work instructions
• Identify and troubleshoot problems that may adversely affect test performance/results, record corrective actions as appropriate
• Analyze data for trends, making recommendations to senior scientific staff
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Education & Experience
• BS/BA with scientific emphasis
• 0 year after licensure, 1 year preferred.
• Possess a current license issued by the State of California such as:(Strongly Preferred)
• Clinical Genetics Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) or
• Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist)
• Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with sample testing in a laboratory setting.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of molecular and cellular biological techniques such as PCR, NGS techniques directly applicable to the services provided by Navigate BP (molecular and cellular biological techniques such as PCR, NGS) is strongly preferred.
• Proficient with MS Office
• Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design, data analysis, verification, manipulation and interpretation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to laboratory instruments, moderate exposure to unusual elements including: extreme temperatures, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top