Asset/Reliability Maintenance Engineer
- Cedar Knolls, NJ
With 64 manufacturing sites in 26 countries, our aspiration is to become the top manufacturer of innovative and generic medicines in the industry. The Asset Maintenance Engineer will provide oversight for the asset care program related to equipment, systems and utilities to ensure reliable operation, appropriate levels of maintenance and minimal downtime.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Lead the overall asset (equipment) care strategy for the site through the core equipment support functions (Equipment Experts, Facility Engineers, Automation Engineers).
• Lead reliability life cycle management of equipment, including design (new equipment), operation and maintenance. This includes identifying and implementing of site and global engineering standard methodology.
• KPI Monthly Reports (both site and global)
• Analyze equipment failures, trends and implement appropriate CAPA actions to address.
• Implement optimal levels of maintenance to ensure equipment reliability.
• Management of site CMMS system-Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Management (BMRAM)
• Maintain appropriate levels of spare and repair parts for all critical equipment utilizing BMRAM inventory.
• Purchase and track all parts required for planned maintenance and critical spare parts for on demand maintenance events.
• Participate in maintenance planning activities to minimize disruption to production. Coordinate scheduled activities with E&F and Equipment Owners
• Support capital investments concerning production facilities, master planning and site infra-structure with alignment to Novartis guidelines
• Supports/Prepares/Executes Engineering & Facility audits
• Ensure that all (internal, regulatory and statutory) QA, HSE and NTO relevant guidelines, directives and processes are adhered to.
• Support internal and external auditing activities
• Provide technical support to operations and support personnel
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's Degree - Engineering or related field
• At least 5 years in an Engineering organization
• Strong experience in Reliability Engineering
• Knowledge of project management
• Experienced in a GMP regulated environment (pharmaceutical preferable)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Self-directed and able to handle competing priorities
• Must be able to work well with others in a team environment
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of ESOP/Web Consumer, SAP, BMRAM (or other CMMS system)
• Ability to focus on a variety of issues and drive results
• Ability to interact with a variety of organizational levels and foster multi-functional and cross-cultural teamwork
• Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top