Application Infrastructure Engineering Expert
- Warsaw, Poland
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Out of our competence center in Warsaw we support various IT sub functions: from ERP through Infrastructure Services or Commercial, Digital and Finance IT. Our main goal is to support Alcon transformation journey and build a strong organization that can quickly react to changing business environment. By joining our center in Warsaw you will become a part of the global Alcon IT Team - working closely with the stakeholders from all around the world.
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
Application Infrastructure Engineering Expert will partner with IT Functional Teams by acting as a single point-of-contact for application infrastructure across all hosting platforms. He or she will manage the application infrastructure from system inception to retirement and act as a high-level expert to the business and operations teams. It is a globally exposed role with numerous possibilities of further development.
How you will make a difference:
• Collaborating with Application Managers, Project Managers, IT Business Partners, and Vendors to plan, design, and build application infrastructure to align with enterprise strategy and meet business requirements.
• Modernizing application infrastructure platforms, processes, and tooling.
• Embracing and supporting digital transformation initiatives.
• Performing and/or coordinating installation and configuration of application technical infrastructure per design. Includes initial deployment and subsequent changes/updates. Author supporting technical documentation (e.g. architectural diagrams, qualification documents, test scripts).
• Supporting problem management, system health checks, performance tuning, capacity planning, vulnerability remediation, privileged access management, and audit requests.
• Providing escalation support for AIE Operations (Run) team.
What we can offer you:
• Opportunity to work on best in class technology platforms and solutions: Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, CHEF, CI/CD Pipelines; Virtualization (VMware), Software Defined Infrastructure; Analytics (Cognos, Informatica, Tableau); Enterprise Integration tools (e.g. B2B Sterling Integrator, Mulesoft); Robotic Process Automation (Automation Anywhere).
• Opportunity to work in a high paced agile environment and the chance to work with people who are passionate of delivering outcomes and a culture of simplification and ownership.
• Empowerment to create and work on the solutions that will deliver the highest customer value.
• Ability to cross skill and grow or move (horizontally/vertically) within the organization.
• Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world.
• Attractive benefits package, including private medical care, group insurance, lunch card, transportation allowance, pension plan, Multisport/cultural card, Alcon products for you and your significant other.
• Attractive compensation package (including bonus scheme).
• Flexible working hours and remote work possibilities.
• Brand new office with a lot of facilities inside, located at NewCity building, 15 Marynarska Street, Warsaw.
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of applicable experience.
• 5+ years of applicable experience.
• Broad application expertise, spanning multiple functions and technologies.
• Red Hat Linux and/or Microsoft Windows, preferably both.
• Knowledge in the area of Cloud services/technology (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Amazon Web Services, Azure).
• Oracle or SQL DBA experience will be a plus.
• Familiarity with DEVOPS model, AGILE methodology.
• Familiarity with SOX/GXP compliance.
• Ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Back to top