Analytical Chemist (QC Expert) (80-100%*)
- Basel, Switzerland
7! The current processing stages requiring minimum 28 analytical control points to deliver high quality innovative medicine to up to 4 million patients!
Creativity in the field of analytical science and technology with interest in analytical lifecycle management. You have a leading role in driving current and future analytical control strategies for oligonucleotide projects ensuring long-term supplies to our patients.The position is within Global Novartis Technical Operations (NTO). We play a meaningful role in the late phase delivery, launch and lifecycle management of small molecule drug substances.
• Analytical project lead for launch and lifecycle management of projects in collaboration with multiple partners
• Manage product specifications including the design, development, validation, transfer and performance monitoring of analytical procedures/technologies
• Inspire analytical and process innovation. Drive and implement the improvement of scientific, regulatory and quality standards
• Apply your knowledge and expertise by providing training and mentoring to empower colleagues.
• Maintain excellent collaboration with project team members (e.g. production specialists, manufacturing science and technology, quality assurance, regulatory CMC, project leaders and colleagues)
• Design and plan analytical experiments. Interpret and report results in preparation for timely delivery of project milestones
• Support change control, preparation of the regulatory dossier and health authority inspections
• Support root cause investigations
What you'll bring to the role:
• MSc / PhD in analytical chemistry / expert knowledge in analytical methods and validation using advanced separation and detection technologies (e.g. UHPLC, SEC, IX, IP, SFC, GC, IC, cCAD, MS including high resolution MS e.g. Q-TOF)
• Scientific curiosity with quality focus coupled with strong project management skills
• Dedicated and thoughtful to a diverse global team, motivated to perform in a highly dynamic environment
• Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills as well as strong IT skills
• Proficiency in English (spoken/ written), good knowledge of German (spoken/ written)
• 5+ years experience in analytical development and registration of new chemical entities with good knowledge of GMP and regulatory guidance
• Knowledge or interest in oligonucleotide analytics
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Back to top