Analyst P2P Controls (Japanese + Mandarin Speaker)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
18 ! The number of countries supported by FRA Operations Team that delivers financial reporting and accounting services, financial compliance and process expertise in the areas of Record to Report, Request to Pay, Travel and Expense and Invoice to Cash. As part of the Novartis FRA Operation team, this is a new role to ensure compliance with external and internal accounting reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
• Work with managers to support financial activities, decision making and general projects.Provide timely, proactive support on the general ledger.
• Maintain accurate and timely fixed asset information in the fixed asset register including assets under construction and depreciation calculations. Prepare analysis or reporting with particular emphasis on accuracy, compliance and timeliness of data provided
• Provide all data needed for internal (Financial Consolidation and Reporting System) and external reporting (including statutory accounts, national statistics and tax information) accurately.
• Provides 'first line support' on SAP issues including fixed assets, cash and general ledger. -Contribute to key projects at country or BU level. P2P control owner and subject matter expert (SME) for Novartis Finance Control Manual (NFCM).
• Must have end to end (E2E) knowledge of the Procure to Pay (P2P) process (Supplier Master data, Transactional Procurement, Accounts Payable). Understand Business processes and activities to identify key risks and mitigate control deficiencies. Analyze, supervise and control P2P transactional activities related to Supplier on-boarding/ Master data maintenance/ Shopping cart to Purchase order/ Invoice receipts/ Invoice processing/ Changes to AP transactions/ GR/IR recons.
• Monitor transactions executed by P2P's processing teams to ensure compliance with NFCM, internal controls over Finance reporting, and SOX 404 requirements.
• Identify root causes for control deficiencies and prepare remediation plans in liaison with partners. Drive remediation of control failures by the agreed due date. Key contact/support for internal and external auditors, and lead/support P2P audits and control walkthroughs.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Finance / Accounting
• Collaborating across boundaries. Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Strong customer orientation and good in handling quality metrics & issues.
• Must have 5 years of experience in the P2P process.
• Experience in Internal or external Audit, focusing on Finance Audit, SOX 404, preferable.
• Must have good knowledge of SAP. Analytical mentality and ability to understand situations, interdependencies and challenges in a holistic way.
• Good communication skills (written & verbal) in Japanese and Mandarin language.
About the Novartis Global Service Center in Kuala Lumpur:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Kuala Lumpur delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Kuala Lumpur is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
What makes NGSC special?
Attractive office location, flexible time management, strong work/life balance, flexible working hours, truly multinational and dynamic organization, multicultural environment and cross-functional hub location
Why consider Novartis?
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top