Advanced Analytics Lead
- Madrid, Spain
34 countries have simplified their planning process thanks to one of our recently developed forecasting tools. In Sandoz, a Novartis division, we are looking for talent with ML and DS expertise to join our Hub in Madrid to keep driving change through data.
The Advanced Analytics Lead is responsible for solving financial and business challenges applying Advanced Analytics and Data Modelling techniques on a variety of small, medium and big data.
The AAL will drive the development and implementation of advanced forecasting techniques to support key financial processes such as budget, strategic planning and latest outlook. The AAL will develop methodologies to identify and quantify drivers that affect the financial performances.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Project manage own tasks and work with allied team members; plan proactively, anticipate and actively manage change, set stakeholder expectations as required, identify operational risks and drive issues to resolution, minimize surprise escalations, with initial support from supervisors.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external partners and cross-functional teams to solve critical business problems by making a creative use of data.
• Understand sales, supply and life science data sources, as well as analyze them to gain business value.
• Generate insights and articulate AI-based solutions/recommendations to business users while working with senior data science team members to present analytical content concisely and effectively.
• Develop production-ready code for automating periodic runs of model and data refresh pipelines.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Minimum 2+ years post-graduate experience in a multidisciplinary data & analytics/data science environment or in research. Previous experience in corporate finance data departments or CPG companies is a big plus.
• Hands-on experience with time series analysis and forecasting, as well as experience with classical machine learning algorithms (classification, regression and clustering).
• Experience in statistical/analytics tools: Python (hard requirement, at least 2 years of experience) and R (plus). Experience with big data technologies for machine learning and data science (Spark or Dask) are also a plus.
• Experience in querying, munging and managing relational data sources with SQL.
• Experience in quickly creating time series data visualizations with Python libraries (Matplotlib, Pandas, Plotly, Bokeh and HoloViz) is a strong plus.
• Hands-on experience in building collaborative production-ready code with tools such as control version systems (Git) and unit testing libraries.
• Knowledge in developing and maintaining analytical data pipelines (Airflow) and experience with tools for best practices in data science (MLflow, DVC) are a strong plus.
• Proven outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Dynamic, ambitious and passionate mindset, problem-solving skills, curiosity and willingness to tackle new challenges and strong ownership for project responsibilities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Back to top