- East Hanover, NJ
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Associate Director, HE&OR is an integral member of the HE&OR team and leverages therapeutic and product knowledge of Novartis oncology product(s) to optimize access and reimbursement for pipeline, newly launched, and marketed product(s) in the US. In this role, the Associate Director has responsibility for strategically conducting health outcomes research and generating data that demonstrate the economic and humanistic value of Novartis oncology product(s). The Associate. Director works on cross-functional teams to support Novartis oncology product(s), serves as a value evidence content expert for assigned product(s), with an emphasis on establishing the value evidence strategy for product(s).
• Lead HE&OR for product
o Articulate strategy and business impact in strategic plans and project summaries.
• Independently lead development of strategies and tactics to support department initiated and operational needs.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve business processes and output, and/or represent HE&OR in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
• Assist the Ds, SDs, EDs and the Vice President of HE&OR in conducting audits on HE&OR activities, to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and Novartis guidelines.
• Identify and champion best practices in HE&OR.
• Be a resource and provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to HE&OR colleagues
• Mentor fellows rotating through the HE&OR department.
(We will higher position at level commensurate with years of experience)
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Doctoral degree (PhD or PharmD, or MD) preferred in related field and experience conducting HEOR research. preferred
(Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Health Policy, Outcomes Research, and Pharmacy Administration)
• For AD At least 5 years experience in outcomes research with a minimum of 3-4 years of pharmaceutical industry-related health economics and outcomes research. preferred
(For Director level at least 7 years of experience preferred)
• Demonstrated development and delivery of HE&OR communications for external US audiences (e.g., payers, FDA, academic centers, or IDNs) for multiple product(s)/therapeutic indications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of US payer environment and payer/policy maker evidence needs for access and reimbursement, particularly emerging payment models such as the Oncology Care Model.
• Experience including HE&OR endpoints in Phase IIIB/IV trials, to support the US region.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Back to top