AD, Pricing Strategy and Deal Analytics
- East Hanover, NJ
Up to 27 potential launches are expected in the next 5 years at Novartis. If serving patients is your passion - this may be the place for you! The Market Access Pricing and Contracting team is looking for highly engaged strategic thinkers who will shape future commercialization of brands for Novartis and help improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer centric initiatives? We'd love to hear from you.
This position plays an important role across the full commercialization continuum to ensure thorough and accurate pricing and contracting analyses. Responsible for developing and supporting work with Account Management, Brand, Pricing, Payer Marketing, Legal, and other cross-functional teams to assess and de-velop contracting opportunities, provide customer negotiation support for contract bids, execute contracts, and monitor contract effectiveness. Support the development and execution of account value based pricing analyses, framework, and process to evaluate WAC/NET pricing, payer reimbursement impact and contracting/discounting strategies for assigned franchise.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the development of market access strategies for inline and pipeline products by conducting pre-modelling scenarios for market and competitor analyses, stakeholder and payer research
• Support with launch WAC, contracting strategy and WAC maintenance through lifecycle. You will assist in the development as well as manage and maintain reimbursement and contracting strategies throughout product lifecycle that align with optimal market performance
• Support the strategic and financial evaluation of potential contracting efforts, customer negotiations and end to end Brand payer contract execution.
• Provide input and implementation assistance in the development of market access channel strategies
• Collaborate with Franchise teams and cross-functional stakeholders including global counterparts, policy, HEOR and finance to manage activities and work on pricing and contracting approvals
• Interface with HEOR as needed to develop and recommend account pricing and contracting strategy for new products including the evaluation of novel contracting approaches (guarantees, adherence initiatives, Outcomes based contracts, flex pricing) ensuring the US strategy aligns with global efforts
• Collaborate with Managed Markets Finance (MMF) to translate price assumptions, deal analytics, and contract elements to ensure they are appropriately captured in the G2N forecast.
• Help to provide pricing and contracting insights for asset evaluation related to business development/licensing opportunities [BD&L]
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Math, Finance, Economics or other analytical major; advanced business degree (MBA) preferred, clinical background (e.g. PharmD) valued but not required
• 4+ years of payer (e.g. Healthplan and/or PBM), pharmaceutical, analytical, pricing or equivalent experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of access landscape, pricing vehicles and contracting strategies across a broad spectrum of channels/organizations (Health Plans, PBMs, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, Long-Term Care, GPOs, VA / DoD Specialty Pharmacy and State Medicaid)
• Strong financial acumen and ability to effectively forecast account level prices, discounts and sales.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of US healthcare economics and the drivers of pharmaceutical demand, including pricing and reimbursement.
• Forward thinker who can adapt and grow with the evolving pricing and contracting landscape
• Proficient in PowerPoint and MS Excel including experience developing financial models
769 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Back to top