- Manhasset, NY
Performs vascular studies on assigned patients. Utilizes independent judgment in the application of non-ionizing, high frequency ultrasonic waves for diagnosis of disease. Collaborates with clinicians to ensure appropriateness of studies and performs related administrative tasks.
- Prepares patient for vascular ultrasound exam; Positions patient on examination table according to departmental standard operating procedures; explains procedures in layman's terms to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety.
- Obtains pertinent imaging and diagnostic reports required for correlation with ultrasound exam being performed; consults with referring physician regarding patient history and to determine appropriate ultrasound exam required.
- Sets-up equipment to administer particular exam in a timely fashion; uses settings on machines to assure accurate results, using technical judgment.
- Performs physiologic arterial testing of upper/lower extremities utilizing analogue waveforms, segmental pressures, photoplethysmography, pulse volume recording, exercise or hyperemia response, and duplex imaging; performs intracranial cerebrovascular testing using transcranial duplex imaging; performs upper/lower extremity venous testing utilizing duplex imaging.
- Observes patient during entire examination. Recognizes and reports any changes in patient's condition and/or motor abnormality complaints by patient including: fainting, discoloration, etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Documents image details and labels study; maintains records and logs exams performed.
- Performs minor repairs and frequent calibration checks and adjusts ultrasound equipment, when necessary and troubleshoots mechanical problems of the equipment by performing minor repairs as necessary.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Vocational or Technical school Diploma required.
- Current Registered Vascular Technologist or Registered Vascular Specialist certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.
Back to top