Ultrasound Technologist - MFM and OBGYN Experienced, Highly Preferred (58th St. \/ Full-Time)
- New York, NY
Experienced Registered Ultrasound Technologist with High Risk, Nuchal Translucency, and OB Scans in MFM and OBGYN, Highly Preferred (Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8 am - 6 pm, Flexibility to Operation Change Based on Operational Needs)
Performs ultrasound exams for interpretation to aid in patient diagnosis. Utilizes independent judgment in the application of non-ionizing, high frequency ultrasonic waves for diagnosis of disease. Collaborates with clinicians to ensure appropriateness of studies and performs related administrative tasks.
- Prepares patient for ultrasound exam; Positions patient on examination table according to departmental standard operating procedures; explains procedures in layman's terms to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety.
- Obtains pertinent imaging and diagnostic reports required for correlation with ultrasound exam being performed; consults with referring physician regarding patient history and to determine appropriate ultrasound exam required.
- Sets-up equipment to administer particular exam in a timely fashion; uses settings on machines to assure accurate results, using technical judgment.
- Recognizes significance of structures visualized in the oscilloscope and differentiates artifacts from normal or pathologic processes; determines need for more extensive evaluations beyond preliminary instructions.
- Observes patient during entire examination. Recognizes and reports any changes in patient's condition and/or motor abnormality complaints by patient including: fainting, discoloration, etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Documents image details and labels study; maintains records and logs exams performed.
- Performs minor repairs and frequent calibration checks and adjusts ultrasound equipment, when necessary and troubleshoots mechanical problems of the equipment by performing minor repairs as necessary.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Vocational or Technical school Diploma required.
- Current Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), required.
Back to top