Supervisor, Sterile Processing
- Brooklyn, NY
Supervises and coordinates the staff and daily operations of Central Sterile services within hospital. Ensures staff compliance with sterilization techniques, policies and procedures.
- Promotes Sterile Processing department goals by selecting, motivating, and training team members.
- Leads the activities of assigned Sterile Processing team members by communicating and providing guidance toward achieving department objectives.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines, and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service; supervises basic central sterile functions in decontamination and sterile work areas.
- Reviews case cart requisitions for accuracy and coordinates transfer of completed case carts to necessary areas.
- Ensures proper care and handling of all instrumentation received through decontamination area.
- Monitors the use of proper techniques through the instrumentation processing, preparation and packaging areas, sterilization and Quality Assurance areas.
- Serves as a liaison between Central Sterile department and perioperative areas, coordinating activities and resolving problems as they arise.
- Monitors inventory and ordering of stock and non-stock supplies and communicates with perioperative areas and nursing units regarding required supplies and instrumentation.
- Ensures sterilization activities are properly documented and participates in the maintenance of department records.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current Registered Central Supply Technician Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and 0-2 years of leadership / management experience, required.
Back to top