Sterile Processing Technician (SI) Full-Time Nights, 11 PM - 7 AM (certified sterile tech, IAHCSMM)
- Brooklyn, NY
As an OR Instrument Tech you will decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment received in Central Sterile. Reprocess, sterilize and replenishe patient care unit, operating room and clinic sterile goods according to sterilization policies and procedures.
- Operates sterilizers, ultrasonic washers, washer decontaminators, Sterrads, and other related equipment in accordance with established procedures and manufacturer guidelines. Properly handles material exposed to steam, hydrogen peroxide sterilization, and Cidex OPA.
- Performs testing of sterilization equipment including, but not limited to, routine biological testing.
- Utilizes proper techniques in all aspects of decontamination of instruments and equipment. Selects proper method to be used for sterilization.
- Assembles instrument trays, referring to count sheets to ensure completion of trays. Inspects instruments for cleanliness, proper alignment functioning and sharpness. Sends defective instruments for repair, as needed.
- Wraps, labels, and initials trays and rigid containers for sterilization.
- Replenishes code carts, ancillary carts, intubation boxes, central sterile and clinic trays.
- Assists in retrieving and returning carts to operating rooms and ambulatory surgery areas.
- Cleans and decontaminates portable equipment with proper disinfectant.
- Stores supplies in designated shelves (eight inches from floor and eighteen inches from ceiling.
- Checks inventory for stock-outs, orders in-house supplies from storeroom and assists management with outside orders by anticipating and reporting stock-outs.
- Utilizes proper technique in cleaning and disinfecting probes and scopes.
- Wears personal protective equipment in the work area according to department policies and procedures.
- Retrieves suction gauges and other patient equipment from patient units.
- Delivers central sterile supplies to patient units.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Sterile processing certification, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience, required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, required.
Back to top