Specialty Pharmacy Technician
- Lake Success, NY
Prepares medications; maintains records and reports; maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication by filling, packaging, labeling and stocking.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
- Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Operates point-of-sale cash register system according to department policies while ensuring positive customer experience.
- Interacts with customers and healthcare providers (or Pharmacy Benefit Managers) to help facilitate the filling of prescriptions, handle/resolve rejections, and obtain prior authorization which will expedite prescriptions into the workflow.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Back to top