Directs, plans and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives of multiple and large projects are accomplished within prescribed time-frames and funding parameters. Manages all aspects of assigned projects including managing activities of various teams. Establishes timelines and ensures project deadlines are met. Maintains integrity and cost containment of projects.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates multiple projects and ensures project initiatives and timelines are met.
- Develops project initiation process by defining project scope, determining action items, assigning ownership, creating project timetables, and tracking execution and workflow; prepares, presents, and distributes project status reports.
- Evaluates, plans, and monitors project implementation for clinical systems; manages project and project delivery teams, ensures deadlines are met, escalates issues for appropriate, timely resolution, and adheres to standardized project management methodologies.
- Develops interdisciplinary project teams in coordination with clinical user community to ensure deployment of systems; serves as liaison to project sponsors, project teams, and stakeholders.
- Works with internal and external groups to optimize success of project deployment; communicates with user departments and project teams on project activities; confers with project staff and vendors to provide support and resolve problems.
- Collaborates with clinical, financial and quality teams to define and develop metric goals; partners with management to develop tools and metrics to evaluate performance of target initiatives.
- Assists with planning monitoring criteria and methodology; ensures availability of performance measurement data for review and analysis.
- Evaluates and drives risk management process improvements, efficiencies and workflow enhancements.
- Partners with management, identifies end user education, training program and services; assists in the development and maintains department policies and procedures.
- Provides subject matter expert support in the development of clinical and business information systems and integration to improve the timely completion of projects. Operates under limited guidance and work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of project management for Information Technology projects, required. Experience in assigned technical area, required.
- PMP Certification, preferred.