Senior Clinical Engineering Technician
- Huntington Station, NY
Ensures the repair and maintenance of patient, lab and research equipment according to established standards. Calibrates machines and provides technical assistance to equipment users and less experienced members of the department. Maintains proper documentation on all activities and oversees correct installation of new equipment.
- Ensures the repair and maintenance of patient, lab and research equipment in accordance with manufacturer and hospital specifications.
- Ensures that new equipment meets specifications.
- Performs preventive maintenance including calibration and operator/patient safety tests on a regular scheduled basis to ensure proper operation and a safe patient environment.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to equipment users.
- Tests and evaluates equipment being considered for purchase.
- Travels to institutions possessing this equipment as needed.
- Oversees proper installation of new medical equipment.
- Helps in maintaining outside vendor repair and calibration to ensure quality of workmanship.
- Maintains proper documentation of work performed to be used by outside agencies.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, required.
Back to top