Partners with leadership and the clinical caregiver community to design and implement clinical information system projects and initiatives at both the department and enterprise level that are in alignment with the OCIO mission and vision. Oversees clinical informatics specialists and works to ensure that clinical systems enhance quality and patient safety, improve efficiency and support population health and patient engagement.
- Collaborates with leaders of the OCIO, site IT leadership and all application teams in addition to clinical caregivers to design and implement clinical IT projects, systems and initiatives. Works to ensure design, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of clinical applications that support best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with leadership in the development of specifications to support the design of new or modified clinical applications and/or workflows to support exemplary clinical practice.
- Oversees clinical informatics specialists on assigned projects in support of the above.
- Collaborates closely with project managers for timely deliverables on all assigned projects.
- Functions as a liaison between clinical and information technology staff, maintaining the voice of clinical caregivers at the sites in all project initiatives.
- Analyzes clinical caregiver change requests and the existence of functionality to support the ability to complete these requests.
- Ensures systems are implemented to support health system initiatives and goals to improve the quality of patient care, maximize patient safety, and enhance operational efficiencies and support population health initiatives & patient engagement.
- Serves as a resource to the senior manager and director. Evaluates proposed projects and makes recommendations utilizing analytical and clinical skills to ensure high quality execution of all projects.
- Demonstrates familiarity and understanding of all clinical information systems, including interfaces, and demonstrates expertise in applications within scope of assigned work.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Management, Allied Health, or related field, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse or other heathcare discipline in New York State required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and 2 years of progressive lead role experience, required.