Provides respiratory therapy as prescribed by a Physician. Prepares, operates and maintains respiratory care equipment.
- Ensures accurate and complete Physician prescription.
- Compares prescription requests with medical record order form and ensures information is complete.
- Clarifies any discrepancies with Physician and provides patient/significant other with respiratory education.
- Provides prescribed respiratory therapy.
- Performs vital capacity, inspiratory force and peak flow measurements; administers various oxygen concentrations, aerosol medication devices and mechanical ventilators; monitors oxygen supported ambulation; performs chest physical therapy (cupping and coughing); provides nasotracheal or artificial airway suctioning.
- Associate's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in New York State, and Current Respiratory Therapist (NBRC) Certification in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
- ACLS and BLS required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).