Radiology Technologist (Registered)
- Garden City, NY
Hours: Per Diem- Variable Weekend Shifts
Operates x-ray and auxiliary equipment processes images; maintains and cleans equipment. Maintains required documentation.
- Prepares patient for exam. To relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety, translates examination into layman terms based on professional knowledge. Ensures consent form for procedure is obtained if necessary.
- Performs various x-ray exams according to established standards, procedures and procedures of the division. Positions patient for taking of radiographs according to the departmental standard operating procedures. Arranges, attaches, or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices for patients. Adjusts the x-ray equipment and operates controls to obtain correct exposure Monitors patient's condition in accordance with technical and safety standards. Recognizes and promptly reports patient's motor abnormalities; including, fainting, discoloration, contrast reactions etc., to the Radiologist. Keys in Patient history data and other pertinent information obtained from requisition. Monitor's patient's condition during the procedure. Operates equipment for transferring computed images to film and archival of disc memory to tape.
- Processes and maintains exposed images. Labels film for identification and maintains required records. Utilizes film markers and ensures images are properly marked as the right\" or \"left\" side. Ensures images are legibly labeled with correct date and patient identification. Enters the exam onto the daily log sheet as needed. Properly completes the correct tracking steps for each examination.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology program, required.
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist, required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration required for positions filled after April 18, 2010.
- BLS certification, required.
Back to top