- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner, as directed
- Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department. Maintains progress notes and discharge summaries of assigned patients
- Responds appropriately to established department emergency procedures for patient safety and care when necessary
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities
- May attend family meetings/conferences pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate's Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant from an accredited college, required
- Must be currently certified and registered as Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State. OR Must have a valid permit and become certified and registered within one (1) year of employment
- Previous hospital/rehabilitation center experience preferred.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).