Evaluates and treats patients with disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases using physical, chemical and mechanical means in accordance with the written and signed prescription and/or referral of a state licensed physician or authorized practitioner. Maintains complete medical records for each patient.
- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner.
- Utilizes appropriate evaluation techniques with efficiency and thoroughness.
- Designs a treatment program to achieve established goals.
- Makes accurate observations of patient tolerance and/or status during treatment and demonstrates the ability to modify a treatment program as needed.
- Responds appropriately to established department emergency procedures for patient safety and care, when necessary.
- Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department.
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
- Attends family meetings/conferences and interacts with members of the inter-disciplinary staff pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy, required. Masters/Doctorate Degree, preferred.
- Must be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist in New York State. OR
- Must have a valid permit and become licensed and registered within one (1) year of employment.