Per Diem Certified Nursing Assistant, FlexStaff - NYC
- New York, NY
Assists patients in obtaining maximal level of independence in activities of daily living. Performs direct/indirect patient care in accordance with the policies and procedures. Perform additional related duties.
Administers nursing care under direct supervision to assigned patients in order to achieve maximum level of independence.
- Giving acceptable hygienic care to assigned patients and overseeing/assisting with activities of daily living; performing assigned treatments and procedures
- Taking vital signs of assigned patients and reporting abnormal values to the nurse in charge;
- Reporting observations and unusual conditions of patients to the registered nurse;
- Preparing patients for meals and helping feed them as assigned;
- Providing constant observation for patients requiring increased security to prevent harmful behavior;
- Following principles of infection control and patient safety; and
- Demonstrating proper feeding techniques in direct accordance with policy and procedure.
- Assisting in maintaining a safe and clean environment in assigned patient's room;
- Using proper transfer technique according to policies and procedures;
- Advising the staff on the arrival of patients and assisting with arrival; and
- Transporting patients by wheelchair or stretcher within the facility, providing patient safety and comfort.Performs Grade I decubitus care.
- Performing preventive skin care measures including turning, positioning and heel elevation techniques, at appropriate intervals;
- Applying warm and cold compresses, consistent with facility procedure;
- Applying skin cream appropriately;
- High School graduate or equivalent diploma, REQUIRED.
- Successful completion of a Nurse Assistant Program. Certified by New York State Department of Health; maintains standing in State Nurse Assistant Registry, REQUIRED.
- 1 year previous experience in a hospital or rehab setting, REQUIRED.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Back to top