Assists in monitoring the activities and performance of physician practices to ensure that billing related functions are performed in an efficient manner consistent with department policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with physicians and administrators to ensure financial growth and stability.
- Assists in monitoring accuracy of fee structure and reimbursement payment schedules from third party payers, all cash payment deposits and refunds.
- Assists in resolving complex billing situations.
- Gives guidance and direction to billing/clerical staff regarding billing and office/clerical functions.
- Carries out clinical documentation requests to business office to ensure timely appeals.
- Implements policies and procedures to facilitate billing and maximize case collections.
- Implements improvements for financial management of each billing area.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.