Evaluates and coordinates the flow process involved in call taking, facilitating acceptance and triage of calls. Answers emergent and non-emergent dedicated transport telephone line and coordinates all requests for interfacility transfers.
• Gathers pertinent information to process patient transfer requests.
• Demonstrates compliance with all established policies and procedures as they apply to the coordination of patient referral and transport.
• Communicates with the transferring facility to obtain accurate insurance information.
• Coordinates with Physicians, Administration, Case Managers, and facility staff to effectively document consults and transfer requests.
• Processes requests for critical Physician to Physician consults and transfer requests.
• Develops high degree of familiarity with client service area geography and medical facilities.
• Prioritizes tasks, adhere to deadlines and provide status updates on assigned projects.
• Evaluates, processes, tracks, documents and coordinates patient transfers for the successful referral and transfer of patients to the facility.
• Ensures all paperwork and computer entry is accurate.
• Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Current Paramedic Certification in New York State, and Valid Driver's License in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.