Occupational Health Registered Nurse
- Sleepy Hollow, NY
Provides nursing services to ill or injured employees. Conducts health assessments including employment and periodic medical assessments, as well as assessments of workers exposed to specific health hazards. Provides services that support employee health and wellness, and enhance employee health and performance through case management, health coaching, worksite based health surveillance and health and safety education.
- Performs a plan of care for patients using the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Assesses the work environment for potential health and safety problems; conducts a range of assessments and inspections, in conjunction with regulations, such as display screen equipment (DSE), personal protective equipment (PPE) and the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
- Designs, develops and delivers new initiatives, policies and procedures on health education/promotion and accident/disease prevention; delivers health and safety training, provides first aid and medical treatment and communicates safety concerns to appropriate managers.
- Maintains employee health records and prepares accident reports; conducts accident investigations and investigates the causes of common injuries.
- Provides pre-employment medical assessments including hearing and vision screening, and health and fitness advice.
- Maintains first-aid kits, pharmaceutical and vaccination supplies; orders new supplies and destroys out-of-date items as necessary.
- Provides an effective and early return to work and/or facilitates restoration of the employee's health to an optimal level of functioning through both work-related and non-work related case management; contacts doctors and/or hospitals, as necessary, to arrange further treatment.
- Monitors employee exposure to hazardous chemicals or harmful biological agents.
- Keeps up to date with legal and professional changes associated with occupational health and safety; ensures organization meet legislative requirements.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited BSN program within two (2) years and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of job entry date.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) required within two (2) years of job entry date.
Back to top