Performs basic patient care activities according to age appropriate and developmental needs of the patient. Assists with delivery of patient care by providing patient transportation as appropriate.
- Performs basic patient care activities according to the age appropriate and developmental needs of the patient.
- Observes patients and reports any change in conditions to registered nurse.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of patients; answers call lights and responds appropriately.
- Straightens patients' rooms, changes linens, performs routine department tasks.
- Transports patients as appropriate; provides care for patients during transportation.
- Orders supplies needed for patients and replenishes stock.
- Contributes to cost effective patient care by monitoring use of time, equipment and supplies.
- Complies with safety policies and procedures in order to provide a safe environment for employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Successful completion of a Nurse Assistant Program, required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.