Supervises and coordinates the staff and daily operations. Interprets, communicates, and implements policies and procedures; analyzes efficiency, quality of care, and compliance. Acts as liaison with related departments, keeps current with related legislative issues, and performs duties of a physician assistant, as needed. 80% Clinical 20% Administrative, Shifts of 13 or 12.5 hours with protected time for Administrative responsibilities.
- Interprets, communicates and implements policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance among physician assistants.
- Oversees the quality assurance initiatives for the department.
- Acts as liaison with associated departments to maintain and improve volume, quality, and revenue generation.
- Acts as liaison with physician assistant programs to provide teaching resources.
- Assists in developing and implementing curriculum for physician assistant training in compliance with professional, regulatory, and legislative requirements.
- Stays up to date on current legislation.
- Performs the duties of a physician assistant, including the handling of more complex, technical cases, as needed.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Master's Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program and National Board Certification in specialty area required.
- Current License to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State,
- and Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- OR Master of Science required.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the New York State Department of Education, required. Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- OR Master's Degree in clinical nursing practice. Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State. CNS certification in applicable specialty practice areas: Adult Health, Oncology, Pediatrics and Psychiatry/Mental Health by a national certification organization (ANCC, AACN or ONCC), required.
- and 4-6 years of technical experience and 0-2 years of leadership / management experience, required.