MSW-Social Worker (Per Diem)
- New York, NY
Performs psychosocial assessments of and on-going direct social work services to patients and families; participates in formulating and implementing discharge plans; identifies unmet psychosocial needs and develops programs to address those needs; and participates in educational activities.
1. Performs psychosocial assessment of patients and families.
- Provides introduction and orientation to newly admitted patients/families.
- Evaluates new admissions by interviewing patients and families, contacting other agencies, if indicated, and reviewing available information.
- Prepares psychosocial assessments of patients and families using knowledge and understanding of needs of adults/geriatrics.
- Prepares comprehensive care plans.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Maintains documentation of initial contacts with patient/families and of psychosocial assessments.
2. Formulates and implements psychosocial treatment plans.
- Employs clinical skills in counseling individuals and families regarding coping/adjusting to illness and placement and discharge planning.
- Formulates and implements discharge plans.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationship with patients and families.
- Incorporates knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs in planning.
- Negotiates community systems and programs.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
- Implements and continuously evaluates treatment plans.
- Provides social work services in accordance with required standards.
- Utilizes knowledge of financial/reimbursement/regulatory systems and requirements in providing services to patients and families
- Completes MDS forms, as required.
- Anticipates needs/problems in case management.
- Maintains documentation of case activity/data.
3. Identifies unmet psychosocial needs and develops programs to address them.
- Collaborates with staff to identify unmet needs.
- Participates with staff in group functioning - Patient Council and other patient/family groups.
- Coordinates family groups.
- Utilizes knowledge of Social Work treatment modalities in assessing program needs.
- Represents the facility and department when meeting with community agencies.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Master's Degree in Social Work, required.
- LMSW required within one (1) year of employment, required.
- Clinical experience, preferred.
Back to top