Observes electrocardiogram (ECG) monitor and closed-circuit television (CCTV), and alerts nurses and physicians to changes in the patient's rate, rhythm, and the occurrence of arrhythmias.
- Observes cardiac and closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitors on patients.
- Recognizes arrhythmias and obtains documentary strip.
- Reports all arrhythmias to nurse responsible for patient.
- Obtains a baseline strip each shift on all monitored patients.
- Replaces electrode pads, wires, and batteries as needed.
- Obtains EKG's as necessary.
- Assures that all emergency equipment is cleaned and checked.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years of technical experience, required.