Medical Informatics Specialist - NP, PA or MD
- Lake Success, NY
Assists in providing clinical analysis for medical informatics, clinical informatics and related corporate departments supporting the development and review of evidenced-based clinical content for inpatient and outpatient electronic medical records. Analyzes data to evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of practice improvement initiatives.
- Assists multi-facility and multi-disciplinary committees in developing and modifying electronic medical records clinical content.
- Promotes enterprise-wide clinical standardization of outpatient disease and wellness management plans to reduce variability in care delivery.
- Contributes to post-implementation adoption and usage.
- Participates in evaluating outcomes and effectiveness of clinical initiatives with related corporate departments.
- Analyzes and maintains electronic medical records metrics that support evaluation of clinical programs and interventions.
- Focuses on embedding clinical content within electronic medical records.
- Serves as a resource to management during evaluation of related project proposals; utilizes knowledge of current inpatient and ambulatory information systems and associated data to leverage for proposed projects.
- Fosters collaboration between clinical leadership, staff, and clinical/medical informatics team and related corporate departments.
- Serves as a liaison between Information Technology and teams/staff.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- Or Bachelor's Degree, required with a Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA) program required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Physician Assistant required in New York State, and Current National Commission On Certification Of Physician Assistants Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- Or Doctor of Medicine Degree or equivalent from an accredited College of Medicine required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience , required.
- Informatics experience highly preferred.
Back to top