- Under the leadership of the Patient Care Director, the Manager Patient Care (PC) has 24/7 fiscal, clinical and operational accountability. The Nurse Manager is responsible for a direct care unit or units within Northwell Health.
- Utilizing the nursing process, the manager is responsible for creating a safe, healthy work environment that supports delivery of high-quality patient and family centered care in a healing milieu. The manager fosters a culture where highly engaged interdisciplinary team members are able to contribute to optimal patient outcomes and to grow professionally
Communication and Relationship Management
- The Manager PC executes the strategic plan through effective communication with all team members.
- As an organizationally aware leader the manager is able to build relationships centered on trust respect and inclusion among colleagues, customers, patients and their families.
- Upholds Culture of C.A.R.E., Northwell Health's promise to our patients and families, to create a culture of connectedness, awareness, respect and empathy.
- The Manager PC recruits, manages performance, inspires and motivates team members by modeling leadership behaviors that embody Northwells' mission, vision and values, ensuring that patient care delivery plan align with top level outcomes.
- The Manager PC collaborates with team members across the organization to improve quality, patient-centered care through the use of best practices, and is a champion for a just culture, where staff feel safe to utilize the tools in TeamSTEPPS.
- Understanding the importance of a healthy work environment, the manager patient care makes employee engagement for the unit a priority, developing goals and action plans that support team pride, inclusion and empowerment.
- The Manager PC is a professional role model for the team members promoting standards of professional practice and behavior, while inspiring the clinical staff in the pursuit of continuing education.
- The manager PC maintains up to date knowledge about population health, professionalism and legislation involving healthcare in order to effectuate change and transform care.
- The manager PC will implement strategies to meet the needs of the unit that are based on scope and standards of practice and align with the organizations care delivery model.
- The Manager PC will foster a culture whereby the front-line staff are participants in changes that impact practice.
- The Manager PC demonstrates advanced knowledge and competencies of the business needs for day-to-day operations in the areas of oversight; managing the units' salary and other than salary expenses within the predetermined budget and implementing action plans when variances present.
- The Manager PC is expected to mentor and educate the care team related to budget, service excellence, Human Resource management, Information Technology, Risk and Quality Management.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelors of Science Degree
- Masters preferred
- Bachelors or Master's degree must be in nursing
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse
- At least 5 years nursing experience with Evidence of leadership mastery at the Assistant Manager level or equivalent such as charge RN, team lead, council chair, project manager, or above.