Lead Business Intelligence Specialist
- Lake Success, NY
Leads the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from internal and external data sources in support of business decisions. Ensures the translation of business requirements into detailed technical design and programming specifications. Oversees data analysis, identification of data sources, and modification of data architecture as necessary. Plans, leads and guides the analysis of business intelligence initiatives
- Leads the data analysis to produce dashboards, metrics, or insights and identify trends or anomalies.
- Liaises with decision makers to identify data sources, required data elements, or data validation standards.
- Oversees collaboration with development teams to design business intelligence solutions to facilitate data gathering, storage, and retrieval.
- Oversees collaboration with end users in the design and development of custom dashboards, metrics and reports.
- Leads the analysis and evaluation of end users reporting needs and translates business requirements into detailed technical design and programming specifications.
- Oversees research and data analysis in support of resolution of production issues.
- Coordinates with other IT groups and departments in the resolution of problem calls.
- Inspects the documentation of all report related activities including user requests, report specification, development, modification, testing and on-going production support.
- Ensures dashboard and reporting solutions are created to meet user needs and requirements.
- Conducts internal process reviews to ensure compliance to policies and practices.
- Employees use knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of functional objectives and principles to achieve goals in innovative ways. Problems addressed are of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and progressive experience where team leadership was demonstrated, required.
- SQL experience highly preferred.
- Healthcare experience highly preferred.
Back to top