- Deer Park, NY
In the role of First Cook, you will be responsible for the overall production and quality of hot foods. You will collaborate with the Dietetic staff to develop standardized recipes and programs to enhance patient feeding. Further, you will perform various cooking duties and follows HACCP guidelines regarding food safety. You will work to ensure overall sanitation of the cooking area, assist with special catered functions and may instruct other staff members in proper cooking methods.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for food preparation and presentation. Makes all garnishes.
- Follows and prepares all standardized recipes for all diets.
- Operates cooking equipment and maintains the hot food area. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to the Manager.
- Orders needed supplies for production and service for assigned area.
- Records overages and shortages based upon patient census. Assists in production forecasting.
- Follows all food safety precautions and monitors food temperatures during production, rotation and organization, following HACCP guidelines.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of new programs to improve patient feeding services.
- Assists in preparing for special catered functions and maternity unit meals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Management or from an accredited Culinary Institution, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a Second Cook, required.
- Previous experience as a short order cook in an institutional or business environment, required.
- Able to read, write and comprehend English, required.
Back to top