Transports patients via ambulance. Executes the safe operation of the vehicle and the safe delivery of patients to their destinations. Provides Basic Life Support as required.
- Provides patient care and transport via ambulance.
- Ensures patients are safely escorted to their destination.
- Provides basic life support as required.
- Ensures that vehicles are properly cleaned and maintained with appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Completes ambulance-related paperwork.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Emergency Medical Technician Certification in New York State, and Current Basic Life Support Professional Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
- Valid New York State drivers license, required (current and without violations).