EKG Monitor Tech
- Deer Park, NY
Performs continuous observation of cardiac monitors, including dysrhythmias, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Notifies appropriate licensed personnel as necessary.
- Identifies dysrhythmias and rhythm changes utilizing systematic EKG analysis and notifies assigned Registered Nurse of any changes or problems.
- Verifies all alarm parameters are set and activated at the beginning of the shift and responds to monitor alarms as needed.
- Assists the RN in admitting patient, including alarm settings, AICD or pacemakers.
- Prints monitor strips on each patient for interpretation by a Registered Nurse and files in the patient's medical record. Replaces paper as needed.
- Performs stat EKG's when required.
- Participates in orientation of new monitor technicians as necessary.
- Reports equipment safety hazards or repairs to supervision.
- Follows Infection Control protocols.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Successful completion of an EKG course or equivalent, required.
- Previous experience, preferred.
Back to top