Director, Employee Assistance Program
- Manhasset, NY
Develops, implements and evaluates the strategic plan for, and delivery of, the Health System's Employee Assistance Program. Directs, plans, organizes and evaluates the staff and activities of department. Confers with employees and managerial personnel in the effective solving of employee problems. Translates policies and procedures for Spanish speaking employees and community members; serves as an interpreter on an as needed basis. Coordinates the PEP/TQM program for all facilities.
- Leads the Employee Assistance Program group by communicating with and developing staff members, and building consensus for programs and goals that support the overall health system.
- Develops and articulates a short-term strategic vision for areas of responsibility.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the strategic plan for and delivery of the health system's Employee Assistance Program; develops, implements, and evaluates strategic operating goals and objectives; reports related operational performance, justification and/or corrective action; assists employees and managerial personnel in solving staff and personal problems; creates a climate in which employees' feel free to express themselves and receive assistance.
- Confers with employees and managerial personnel; refers to proper agencies or departments; provides follow-up on employees after referrals to ensure resolution of problems; performs various liaison activities for Administration, Human Resources and Departments to solve the employees' personal problems.
- Assures conversations and information provided are confidential, except where required by law; maintains and reviews personal records on continual basis; maintains records of employee conferences, referrals and other activities.
- Reviews warning notices and selected evaluations to see if patterns exist; maintains file of warning notices and/or evaluations demonstrating poor patient care performance; develops and conducts educational courses; provides and offers career counseling.
- Disseminates information regarding the Employee Assistance Program and various services offered to employees; performs career counseling on job opportunities in the Healthcare field in local schools; provides language translations and interpretations for employees, patients and community members.
- Provides in-service education for managerial staff regarding effective problem solving; represents organization at various community meetings/agencies; oversees coordination of special events, i.e.: Adopt a Family, Talent Show etc., as needed.
- Coordinates the PEP/TQM program for organization facilities; notifies Department Head and employee receiving an award of the date and time of the ceremony; ensures certificates have been received for award recipients and have been signed by the President.
- Coordinates all aspects of the PEP/TQM program with the Audio Visual and Nutrition and Food Service Department; develops and manages department resources including operating and capital budgets, supplies, time, equipment, space, staff and information; develops and oversees financial management including budget, salary, capital, and revenue projections.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; ensures adequate scheduling and assigns responsibilities to ensure an equitable distribution of work; oversees program/operating compliance with government and agency regulations.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Master of Social Work required, or comparable experience.
- Current License to practice as a Clinical Social Worker in New York State required, or Current License to practice as a Master Social Worker required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 8-12 years of technical experience and 7+ years of leadership / management experience, required.
- OR Doctor of Psychology required, or comparable experience.
- Current License to practice as a Psychologist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience and 7+ years of leadership / management experience, required.
Back to top