- Brooklyn, NY
Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in collaboration and consultation with Anesthesiologists.
1. Performs pre-anesthesia patient interview.
2. Assembles supplies and equipment for anesthetic cases and checks same for safety and proper function.
3. Stocks medication carts and anesthesia machines. Checks and orders supplies and medications when needed.
4. Assists in expediting Operating Room schedule by assisting anesthesiologist in preparing the patient.
5. Maintains close control of cleaning and sterilizing anesthesia supplies and equipment.
6. Starts each patient's IV line in the pre-op holding area.
7. Sets up IV fluids for each patient in the pre-pp holding area, and labels each with dates/times.
8. Stocks adequate amount of narcotics and maintain adequate records of narcotic sheets.
9. Answers Code 99 (Blue) and all emergency calls and appropriately documents in medical record.
10. Handles calls for elective intubation.
11. Mixes anesthetics, relaxants and resuscitative drip solutions, etc.
12. Participates in in-service instruction and departmental conferences.
13. Performs related duties as required.
Constant - standing and walking. May be required to lift, position, or transfer a patient with assistance. Must be able to verbally communicate with patients, families and other staff members.
Requires manual dexterity in order to handle instruments and equipment.
Occasional - lifting objects weighing from ten (10) to fifty (50) lbs. Requires stooping, stretching, bending, pulling, pushing, turning, and sitting.
Frequent - ability to run for codes and emergencies.
ADA Essential Functions
Graduate of a nurse anesthesia program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, required. Must present evidence of passing the certifying examination administered by the AANA within one (1) year of employment.
Current License and Registration to Practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
* Satisfactory completion of the Department of Anesthesia orientation program.
Back to top