At Northwell Health, transforming care means empowering you to go as far as your talent and ambition will take you. Putting the patient at the center of everything we do, fostering change and promoting creativity to inspire you to achieve amazing things. Knowing that, regardless of your role, you have the opportunity to make a difference in our patients' lives, every day. Consider transforming your career and joining us now.
Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in collaboration and consultation with Anesthesiologists.
1. The CRNA will perform pre-operative and post-operative patient evaluations as assigned
2. Performs pre-anesthesia patient interview and documents assessment. This is countersigned by the Attending Anesthesiologist with a statement noting they have examined the patient and reviewed and agree with and/or made recommendations to the CRNA pre-anesthesia evaluation.
3. The CRNA will discuss the anesthesia plan with the Attending Anesthesiologist and address any concerns prior to anesthesia administration.
4. CRNAs will administer anesthesia under the supervision of the Attending Anesthesiologist during procedures and drug emergencies as needed
5. Assists in expediting Operating Room schedule by assisting the Attending Anesthesiologist in preparing the patient.
6. Starts each patient's IV line as needed and sets up IV fluids and labels each according to the Pharmacy's IV Therapy policy.
7. Responds to all codes requiring anesthesia presence and requests for elective intubations.
Responsibilities related to Equipment and Medication Management:
* Performs weekly narcotic count in applicable areas.
* Stocks adequate amount of narcotics
* Maintains accurate records of narcotic use and waste
* Monitors and documents medication refrigerator temperatures on Logs.
* Stocks medication carts and anesthesia machines in all anesthetizing locations.
* Mixes anesthetics, relaxants and resuscitative drip solutions, etc and labels according to the Pharmacy's IV Therapy policy.
* Assembles supplies and equipment for anesthetic cases and checks same for safety and proper function.
* Checks and orders supplies and medications when needed.
* Maintains close control of cleaning and sterilizing anesthesia supplies and equipment.
* Assists with maintaining clean and ready anesthesia working areas and anesthesia machines for emergency cases during all shifts. This includes but not limited changing breathing circuits, soda sorb, suction tubing and canisters.
*ADA Essential Functions
Registered as a professional nurse with current valid registration as required by the State of New York, required. A graduate of a nurse anesthesia program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, required. AANA Certification required..
LICENSE: Current New York State License
Transforming healthcare, optimizing customer satisfaction and providing the highest quality care possible are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at Northwell Health each and every day. As a culture committed to making a difference in our customers' lives, every day, we stand behind our core values: Excellence; Integrity; Innovation; and Caring. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow.