Prepares and cooks food items for patients and customers following established recipes, under the supervision of Executive Chef and department management.
- Prepares food items according to daily prep sheet. Organizes work to ensure all required preparation is completed in timely manner. Communicates progress to Executive Chef.
- Cooks food at required temperatures, ensuring food is not undercooked or overcooked.
- Utilizes established recipes to produce menu items, following menu guide and production sheets.
- Uses proper color-coded cutting boards when cutting, slicing or dicing food items.
- Sets up and serves food on patient tray line.Assembles patient trays, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Stores food items according to established procedures. Ensures food is covered, labeled and dated using color-coded date labels.
- Rotates food in walk-in refrigerator utilizing first in-first out method.Discards out-dated food, as needed.
- Utilizes leftovers before expiration or stores in freezer with label indicating freezer placement date.
- Handles food through all phases of production according to HACCP guidelines.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Hospital Food Service as a Cook, required.
- Basic reading skills to read recipes, production lists, etc., required.