Community Pharmacist - Per Diem
- New York, NY
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile. Selects, prepares and dispenses drug products to fill outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides drug information.
- Interacts with health care personnel and outpatients to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications.
- Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in specific disease states.
- Performs and trouble shoots order entry, claim adjudication, prior authorizations, PA appeal process, and Patient Assistance Programs.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile.
- Provides high-touch specialty pharmacy clinical management to promote adherence, and decrease adverse drugs events.
- Complies with Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accreditation to complete and document Initial Assessments, Re-Assessments, Care Plans, and Clinical Interventions.
- Maintains records and inventory of medications. Maintains records of transactions and delivery.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services, including immunizations, etc. to outpatients.
- Executes point-of-sale transactions and closes-out registers.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) safety programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy and one (1) year related experience
- PharmD, required.
- Current license in good standing to practice Pharmacy in New York State, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience including retail pharmacy and application of REMS safety process(es) including, but not limited to, a Medication Guide, Patient Package Insert, communication plan, elements to assure safe use, an implementation system and a timetable for assessment within the last five (5) year, required.
- Minimum of 1000 pharmacy intern hours in a retail pharmacy setting within the last 2 years.
- Immunization Certification, required.
Back to top