Clerk - Temporary - FlexStaff
- Brooklyn, NY
At Northwell, transforming care means empowering you to go as far as your talent and ambition will take you. Putting the patient at the center of everything we do, fostering change and promoting creativity to inspire you to achieve amazing things. Knowing that, regardless of your role, you have the opportunity to make a difference in our patients' lives, every day. Consider transforming your career and joining us now.
The in role of a Clerk you will be filing, retrieving and distributing medical correspondence, records and other related documentation according to established guidelines.
- Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes required records, documents, etc.
- Maintains recordkeeping system by tracking record/document locations in appropriate computer or manual logs.
- Photocopies and faxes documents and records, as required.
- Sorts and distributes mail and faxes, as required.
- May perform scanning of patient documentation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR), as required.
- Register visitors in RedCap and address questions around visiting located in visitor lounge
- Operates related office equipment.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior clerical experience, required.
- Basic computer skills, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Transforming healthcare, optimizing customer satisfaction and providing the highest quality care possible are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to making a difference in our customers' lives, every day, we stand behind our core values: Excellence; Integrity; Innovation; and Caring. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow.
Northwell is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
Back to top