Central Supply Technician (PD)
- Southampton, NY
The Central Supply Technician performs a variety of instrumentation decontamination, sterilization, packaging, inventory, and distribution tasks according to established department policies and procedures.
- Follows department procedures to use appropriate sterilization method for various types of instrumentation.
- Operates washers, sterilizers, ultrasonic machines, steam and ethylene oxide sterilizers, heat sealers, and additional equipment during sterilization procedures.
- Adheres to instrument count sheets for surgical sets and case carts.
- Covers and rotates trays and sets per sterile storage guidelines.
- Follows safety protocols to ensure no injury to self/others (proper body mechanics, protective apparel during decontamination procedures, etc.)
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Sterile processing certification (CRCSt or CSPD), required.
- Must complete minimum annual continuing education credits required by NY State AND additional continuing education credits required to maintain certification status.
- Prior experience processing surgical information, preferred.
- Ability to lift/carry 25 pounds, required. Manual dexterity, ability to stand, bend, lift and/or reach for extended periods of time, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing) and follow oral and/or written instructions, required.
Back to top