- Garden City, NY
Collects money due and summarizes shift activity. Performs merchandising retail duties as directed.
- Counts starting bank at the beginning of shift; reconciles cash drawer to ensure the correct starting amount and a sufficient amount of rolled coins to begin shift.
- Greets all customers; processes sales; charges appropriate amounts; ensures proper payment is received.
- Provides each customer with a register receipt, recording each individual transaction.
- Records transactions and secures proper register tapes and/or vouchers with the required signatures.
- Prepares deposit at the end-of-shift; signs off cash register and leaves it in 'locked' mode.
- Ensures a sufficient amount of rolled coins and small denomination bills are available in register for next shift.
- Includes appropriate paperwork with each deposit (i.e. "sign-on/sign-off" tapes).
- Brings deposits collected during shift to appropriate area (i.e. Cashiering Services Office or Night Drop Safe).
- Assists with opening, setting-up and closing of service area, as needed.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.
Back to top