Assists Interventional Physicians in performing all invasive interventional cardiolovascular procedures. Performs duties within standards of practice established by the Cardiac Catheterization Lab (CCL) and Electrophysiology Lab (EP) and complies with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Supports and assist's physician performing invasive imaging procedures including, but not limited to, angiograms, angioplasties, stenting, biopsies, embolizations, vascular and non-vascular related procedures.
- Adheres to strict sterile techniques in the performance of duties.
- Operates equipment properly according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Observes patient during interventional catheterization procedure. Recognizes and reports situations requiring immediate assistance
- Assists in cardiopulmonary emergencies, as directed. Interacts with fellow health care team appropriately and calmly.
- Reviews angiographic and hemodynamic data with operating physician. Records pertinent data on preliminary reports and maintains database.
- Performs various quality control measures according to established policies, procedures and regulations. Participates in related Quality Control/Performance Improvement reviews and initiatives, as required.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of case supplies and equipment on a continual basis.
- May provide feedback related to the evaluation of new instruments, equipment, and other interventional specialty items.
- Maintains certification and attends all in-services related to new equipment and technology. Complies with all OSHA, regulatory agency and hospital safety standards.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate of an accredited school of Cardiovascular Technology AND Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), required. OR Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program AND New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist AND American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (R.T.), required.
- BLS and ACLS certifications, required.
- Prior catheterization, electrophysiology laboratory, interventional radiology or operating room experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of interventional cardiology, hemodynamic monitoring, cardiovascular anatomy/physiology and telemetry rhythms, required.
- Excellent organizational and oral communication skills, required.
- Ability to function efficiently during emergencies.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts and skills in invasive cardiology.