Admitting Representative (Per Diem)
- Plainview, NY
- Admits incoming patients to the facility.
- Conducts interviews to obtain relevant demographic and insurance data; obtains appropriate signatures on medical, legal and financial forms.
- Greets patients and/or visitors to the facility in a courteous manner.
- Provides interpretation of Hospital policies and regulations to patients including, but not limited to visiting hours, patient rights, services etc.
- Communicates and collects account balances, deductibles and co-payment responsibilities; reconciles at day end.
- Enters patient information into Hospital Information System, verifies accuracy. Re-verifies demographics and insurance of recurring patients.
- Verifies insurance, as needed, for successful billing (benefit coverage/limits, co-pay/deductible amounts, authorization and pre-certification and referral requirements, etc.)
- Performs financial assessments of patients who are uninsured, makes appropriate referrals for financial assistance.
- Provides patients with direction or assistance to appropriate department or assigned room, when necessary.
- Assigns online account number; collaborates with Medical Records to identify if patient was previously admitted.
- Contacts scheduled patients to verify time of admission; notifies nursing unit/clinical area of patient's arrival; arranges for transport or escorts patient to room or clinical department.
- Prepares charts, registration forms and related patient identification.
- Ensures completed chart is forwarded to nursing unit/clinical area.
- Schedules patients for admission, outpatient procedures, tests, etc.
- Maintains logs, completes various forms related to, but not limited to death and/or fetal certificates in accordance with Department of Health and internal procedures. Answers phones, maintains files, inventory. Informs manager of all activities, needs and problems.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, hospital admission, insurance/billing procedures and Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG's), preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, required.
Back to top