Wireless / RF Network Services Specialist*
- Raleigh, NC
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Wireless / RF Network Services Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in RALEIGH, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
The ideal candidate will join the team to support the US Postal Service networks and maintain smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN). This position will be involved in a lengthy project to install and integrate cellular antennas and providers into the US Postal Network. This ideal candidate shall work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction on daily tasks.
We are specifically looking for someone that has a strong background in radio systems. A preferred background would be radio and antenna theory, interference resolution and some experience with radio installations. These candidates address the cellular portion of the position but all are weak on the radio side of the function.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Planning and integrating of wireless providers into the postal network.
- Utilizing the Microsoft Office 2010 suite, including Excel and Visio for documentation and network diagrams
- Provide private cellular network plans and recommendations for optimal use.
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementation and engineering of radio systems.
- Responsible for planning and defining project objectives and developing a plan to accomplish those objectives.
- Evaluate, recommend and provision radio voice services to support postal requirements.
- Support for cabling and wiring of the radio voice infrastructure.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Conduct project meetings and responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Walk through the installs with contract recourses to understand the design and communicate this with team members and management.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or associated discipline and 5 years experience. Additional experience can be substituted for degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience.
- Have working knowledge of routing, switching and network protocols and how they are implemented.
- Knowledge of cabling specifications and standards.
- Proven, strong background in radio systems
- Background and experience with Network Diagrams, both creation and editing.
- Hands-on experience designing and deploying cellular and radio solutions.
- Experience with cellular antenna and systems, including working Neutral Cellular Systems.
- Knowledge of cellular interconnectivity including IP addressing and protocols
- RF Engineering Background
- Good understanding of cellular radio technology & Wireless Carrier's Radio Access Network (RAN) & Core Networks
- Understanding of 3G/4G CDMA/GSM/LTE cellular protocols
- Strong experience with MS office including Visio and Excel.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance - US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor's degree
- CCNA / CCNE or other applicable certifications.
- Certified RF Engineer
- Local to the Raleigh, NC area. This position does not provide relocation expenses.
Back to top