Windows Systems Administrator 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our BWI Admin team. This position is located in Linthicum, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Technology Services IT solutions group that supports development programs for our ES&CSO and Mission Systems sectors.
This position is responsible for applying technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Manage and maintain a smooth operation of workstations while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site
- Analyze internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems
- Develop customized solutions to customer/user problems
- Establish system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software compatibility, and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Perform weekly audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed. Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements
- 6 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors' Degree; 4 years with Masters; Additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- Windows 2008 server experience
- Experience managing Active Directory and Group Policy
- Exposure to basic networking, including DHCP/DNS
- Fundamental knowledge of CISCO devices, configuration and monitoring switches
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Able to perform under general direction and/or independently to determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Active Secret Clearance within 5 year periodic review required
- US Citizenship is required
- CompTIA Sec CE certification
- Windows Systems Administration for 2012 servers and Windows 10 experience
- SQL Knowledge and Experience
- VMware or Hyper V - virtualization experience
- WSUS and SCCM - patch management and deployment methodologies
- DoD 8570 training and certifications
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Network Certification
- Red Hat Linux Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top