Windows Systems Administrator 3 / 4 (Annapolis, MD)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our Annapolis classified specialist team. This position is located at our Annapolis, Maryland Site. The qualified applicant will become part of Technology Services / IT solutions group that supports development programs for our ES&CSO and Mission Systems sectors.
This is a Dual Band 3/4 position and potential candidates will be considered and/or hired dependent on overall relevant years of work related experience.
Ability to apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows, servers and numerous workstations supporting advanced programming languages and algorithms
Duties consist of, but not limited to:
- Manage and maintain a smooth operation of workstations while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site
- Design, test, and implement state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, database products, desktop computers and servers residing in closed areas
- Conduct risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design
- Involvement in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Use of encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
- Analyze internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems
- Develop customized solutions to customer/user requirements. Establish system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and software compatibility, and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities
- Prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
- Ensure data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Performs weekly audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Provide day to day support for development staff
This requisition can be filled at either a level 3 or level 4.
- Basic Qualifications for a System Admin 3: Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years Windows System Administration experience; or an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree; or Masters and 4 years of experience
- Basic Qualifications for a System Admin 4: Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years Windows System Administration experience; or additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree; or Masters and 8 years of experience
- Windows O/S skills desired in addition to HW/SW, Active Directory, and DHCP experience
- Experience with compliance tools (ACAS/Nessus/SCAP) and the ability to implement security controls
- Experience with RMF, DCID 6/3 and ICD503 compliance requirements
- Solid understanding of patching and upgrades to remove or protect from vulnerabilities
- Experience with Windows and Linux integration
- Knowledge of VMware
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Travel may be required
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Willingness to work after hours or weekends as needed
- Must be able to obtain certifications to meet DoD 8570 requirements
- Active TS SCI Clearance with CI Poly required within 5 year periodic review
- Security Certified
- Network Certified
- CISSP Certified
- Networking Experience to include maintaining (switches, routers, firewalls)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top