At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautical Systems has an opening for a Windows Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA, in the Rancho Bernardo area.
The selected candidate will perform engineering design and development of Windows Operating Systems.
- Install and configure Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Configure Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Write configuration procedures using Python scripts
- Redline technical documentation
- Provide support to field engineers
- Attend daily Scrum to report status and mitigate roadblocks
- Automate processes via Powershell scripts
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of Engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of Engineering experience OR a PhD in a STEM discipline.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance, with the ability to maintain Special Program Access.
- Experience with Windows administration.
- The ability to support travel up to 10%
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Knowledge of Bash, Python and Powershell scripting
- Familiarity with Sphinx, yaml, reST, and Jinja
- Experience with git and/or other version control
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology using the Atlassian tool suite (i.e., Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top